Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THE Review is in... Roger Ebert on Terminator Salvation

So... today I am excited for this movie.

Roger Ebert:
Terminator Salvation ** (2 stars)
'Anyway, most of the running time is occupied by action sequences, chase sequences, motorcycle sequences, plow-truck sequences, helicopter sequences, fighter-plane sequences, towering android sequences and fistfights. It gives you all the pleasure of a video game without the bother of having to play it.'

Yes, Yes.Y.E.S. Earlier in the review he guesstimates it to be about 90% action by volume. Maybe this will be the all-out action and destruction Terminator movie I have been waiting for 20 years to see.
I have been trying not to get my hopes up for this movie as I was afraid that they would do 2 things: hold back on the action and add a tedious story to make us sit through (see Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines).
Even with a 40% on RT, all of the reviews keep washing those fears away. The ones that are bad consistently say that it is because of a lack of story, all that say it is good say that the action sequences are mind-blowing. I guess we will know in about 14 hours.

Note: For those who don't know, I love Roger Ebert. Granted I don't always agree with his reviews but they do make it easy to decipher what the movie is like and whether or not I will like it. Suffice it to say, T:S sounds like a movie I will enjoy.

1 comment: